Kinesio Taping Classes
Courses are open to all allied health professionals and allied health students in approved programs.
Karen is one of 3 certified kinesio taping instructors in California and has been teaching since 2003 domestically and internationally.
KT1/KT2, KT3 Registration Form
Kinesio Taping Association International:Published Research.
You can download the Kinesio Taping Courses Registration form here.
For additional course information or availability: Contact us or call 408.402.3228.
Please call 408.402.3228 or contact us for our schedule of kinesio taping classes.
- Purpose: To give an overview of basic muscle taping applications, the history and concepts of Kinesio Tape.
- Required Text: Kinesio Taping Work Book KT1
- Course Objectives:
- 1. Be able to describe basic application principles, differentiating taping from P→D (O→I ) and D→P (I→O)
2. Demonstrate correct application of Kinesio Tape using basic I, Y, and X strips.
3. Understand the benefits and limitations of Kinesio Tape.
- 8:45 Registration and set-up
- 9:00 Introduction
- 9:15 Kinesio Taping Method—History, Concepts, Qualities
- Intro Lab
“Peel” and “Tear” backing
Elasticity—longitudinal vs cross-wise % stretch
5 major physiological effects
Basic Muscle application demo—Sacrospinalis—Continuing concepts and theories
Muscle Application “direction” Tape–Upper Trapezius
- 10:45 Break Joint function, Biotensiegrity
- Application Principles and Rules
Introduction to Database and KT Assessment Screening
- 12:15 KT cervical Flexion Assessment; Muscle application Cervical paraspinals
- KT Cervical Extension Assessment; Muscle application Scalenius Anterior
- 1:15-2:15 Lunch
- 2:15 KT Trunk Flexion Assessment muscle example Sacrospinalis—already demo’d
- Rectus Abdominus
KT Pectoral Girdle Assessment; Muscle application Rhomboid Major-Pectoralis Major
KT Hip Rotation Assessment; Muscle application Gluteus Medius
KT Leg raise Assessment; Muscle application Quadriceps femoris
- 4:45 Review of Principles, Questions
- 5:15 Muscle Supplemental Taping Techniques* Lab
- Extensor digitorum
- 6:30 Course ends
- Purpose: To improve Kinesio Taping Method and Applications to enhance muscle function and recovery.
- Required Text: Kinesio Taping KT2 Work Book
- Suggested Text: Clinical Therapeutic Applications of the Kinesio Taping Method—CTA (corresponding
- Page #’s for reference in parenthesis)
- Course Objectives:
- 1. Be able to describe uses for and demonstrate correct application of Kinesio Tape for specific corrective taping techniques.
2. Be able to use Kinesio Tape in the clinic to effectively enhance normal treatment practices for common musculoskeletal problems.
- 8:00 Overnight Responses, Review of Kinesio Tape concepts, theories and application guidelines
- 8:30 Corrective Techniques Lecture
- Mechanical Correction: Y, tension on Tails; y, tension on base; I, tension in middle
Mechanical Correction Shoulder Instability glenohumeral: AC, humeral head depression
Fascia Correction –oscillation and gliding: Y, tension on base, tails and ram’s head
Lab—lateral epicondylitis, ITB
- 10:30-10:45 Break
- 11:00 Corrective Techniques cont.
- Space Correction: I, Star, donut hole cuts; tension in the middle
Lab: elbow, lbp, cts, wrist flexor inhibition with button hole anchor, epicondylitis
Space Correction: web cut tension in the middle
Lab: elbow, knee
Ligament/Tendon Correction: I, tension in middle
Lab: Achilles, MCL,
- 12:30-1:30 Lunch
- 1:30 Corrective Techniques cont
- Ligament Correction—plantar fasciitis with transverse arch
Lab: plantar fasciitis
Functional Correction: I, tent or bridge
Lab—Ankle DF (dropfoot), wrist flexion or extension
Circulatory/Lymphatic Correction: fan precut and self cut, peel and tear
- 4:00 Treatment Progression Finger Sprain
- 4:30 Documentation, Billing, Corrective Techniques Questions, Vocabulary, CKTP info, KTAI membership info, relevant websites, Course Review
- 5:00-5:30 Questions, Case Studies, Course Evaluation
Bonus if time permits: Scar Management introduction
Purpose: Assimilate and progress clinical problem solving skills using the Kinesio Taping MethodRequired Text: Kinesio Taping Work Book (provided)
Suggested Text: Clinical Therapeutic Applications of the Kinesio Taping Method (page #’s in parenthesis)
1. Review and expand on the concepts of the Kinesio Taping Method
2. Utilize and demonstrate application skills in guided laboratory sessions, including advanced techniques
3. Fulfill requirements to apply for Kinesio Taping Practitioner Certification through Kinesio Taping Association, USA.
8:30 Registration and set up9:00 Introductions
Success Stories, Troubleshooting, Questions
Review of Kinesio Tape concepts, theories
Review of Corrective Techniques
10:00 Clinical Concepts
Whiplash, Cervical Pain
11:30 Break11:45 Advanced Concept/Lab: Fascial Manual Glide
Advanced Concept/Lab Scar Taping: “Basket Weave”
“Directional Pull Scar Application”, “Pitting Scars”
1:00 Epidermis, Dermis, Fascia concept lecture/lab
RSD hands (dermis), ankle sprain (epidermis)
1:30-2:30 Lunch2:30-6:00 (10 min break at 4:15) Clinical Condition Applications*
Medial Tibial Stress Syndrome (shin splints)
Ankle/Foot-Hallux Valgus (p205)
Neck/Back-Brachial Neuropraxia (p 70)
Gamekeepers thumb, mallet finger.
6:10-6:30 Other Kinesio Taping education Opportunities, Q & A
* Actual applications demonstrated will vary depending on participant interest and time. At least 4 will be presented.
Kinesio Taping Association International: Published Research
For additional course information or availability: Contact Body Dynamic at Bodydynamicpt@gmail.com or call 408.402.3228.
Kinesio Taping Courses Pricing
Pricing subject to change. (Updated May 2019)