Now that you are more active walking and have a baseline number of steps set, we’ll take a closer look at how to walk properly with good posture.
Tips for Walking properly:
- Think tall
- Look forward, not at the ground
- Allow your shoulders to move naturally
- Stand straight, not arched backward or forward
- Gently tighten your stomach muscles
- Swing your arms freely with a slight bent in your elbows
- Walk smoothly, rolling your foot from heal to toe
Walking properly prevents injury and wear & tear on your muscles and joints.