Start the New Year off by improving your overall health and wellness with these practical tips:
Now that you are more active walking by yourself or with a friend and have a baseline number of steps set, check your steps at lunch, after work and after dinner. Do you need to boost your steps to meet your goal?
In order to increase your daily steps:
- Park away from your office
- Use stairs instead of elevators
- If you spend long periods of time at a desk, be sure to take frequent breaks from sitting
- Drink plenty of fluids. Restroom break is a good opportunity to add steps
- Use commercial breaks while watching TV for an opportunity to add in a few extra steps
- Walk around the house while talking phone calls
- Consider a treadmill desk
Re-establish new baselines gradually as you go!